Sunday, April 17, 2016

Courage Momentum

Today was a travel day for me (Legs) as I hopped on my first flight since leaving the Foreign Service.  Where to?  Ann Arbor, Michigan!  Yes, it's not as exotic as the places we've been in the last four years but I've never been to MI so check another state off the list :-)

I spent most of today reading my friend Stephanie Diamond's book Mountains Never Meet and was inspired to do some creative fulfillment of my own.  Stay tuned for a full review of her novel as I seriously can't put it down and am moved on many different levels--I even called Pancho to tell him all about it.  I'm also crowd sourcing the best way to do Mt. Kilimanjaro and told Pancho that he and I will have that adventure someday (you seriously have to read the book...)!

Reading Stephanie's book today helped give me the courage to get some of my own work out there.  I've been playing around with istockphoto and have been approved to contribute my photography (their website is really buggy and currently you can't see any of my submissions) and just today I submitted photos to three different greeting card companies to see if I can get any traction.  At some point I'll probably have to create a formal website or get better at categorizing my flickr account.  One step at a time.  You just have to show up, right?  I'm continuing to write when I have the chance and have become more strategic about outlining my story and setting goals.  I'll tell you when I can quit my day job ;-)

Hello from the air and happy creativity to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment